After La Valote Martin, Mr Martin offers a very interesting version of this absinthe with a higher level of alcohol.
It is distilled by a man concerned about perpetuating the Green Fairy's myth, and who wants to guarantee a traditionally produced absinthe.
A magnificent version with great complexity of aromas!
- At first, savour Belle Epoque without any sugar. Then, according to your taste, try it slightly sugared.
- For one measure of absinthe (3cl), add 2 to 5 measures of fresh water.
- Product Type:WM: Absinthe
- Description:WM: Spirit
- Net Quantity:WM: 50cl
- Alcohol Content:WM: 72% vol
- Distillery or Brand : Absinthe La Valote Martin
- Product Type: Absinthe
- Description: Spirit
- Country of Origin: Switzerland
- Responsible Food Company: RUEVERTE GmbH, Herrgasse 3, 79294 Sölden, DE
- Net Quantity: 50cl
- Alcohol Content: 72% vol
- Usage Instructions: Mix with water before drinking.
Weight: 0.98 kg
Dimensional Weight: 1.20 kg
Compare with similar items
The distillery of Philippe Martin is situated in Boveresse, in the Val-de-Travers, the birthplace of absinthe and today home to some of the finest absinthe distilleries.
Philippe Martin distills his absinthes in an old house known to locals as La Maison des Chats, a centuries-old building decorated with stone sculptures of cats. Right opposite is the distillery's own garden, where most of the herbs used for Philippe's absinthe is cultivated.
Philippe took over the distillery from his father Francis Martin in 2014, who distilled for 33 years during the time of the absinthe ban in Switzerland. When absinthe was re-legalized in 2005, Francis received a licence to produce absinthe legally.