Absinthe Libertine 72 Intense 72% - 70cl
Alternative sizes: Content: 20cl,
Libertine 72 Intense was awarded the gold medal at the international competition in Lyon in 2019.
It is the sister of Libertine 55, with a higher alcohol content, but also, due to its complexity, very different to the first version.
Produced according to a recipe from last century (1894), Libertine 72 is an authentic absinthe.
It is entirely made with plants and seeds. Its colour is 100% natural.
In its composition are included mainly grand wormwood, green anise, star anise, liquorice, fennel, coriander, Melissa, hyssop and veronica.
Libertine 72 has the particularity of having been produced from a distilled blend (each plant macerates and is then distilled individually before blending)
An excellent absinthe for bitterness amateurs!
Did you know?
- The label of Libertine 72 bottle was taken from a painting that we specially ordered from a young of the Vosges. It represents a scene of absinthe being consumed in a café.
- During the Belle Epoque, after Pontarlier, Fougerolles had the highest number of producers of absinthe. Sometimes some of the casks used in Fougerolles were sent to Pontarlier to cover their needs.
- Libertine 72 participated in the 2007 Absinthiades ; it was awarded 6th place.
- At first, savour Libertine 72 with half a piece of sugar. Then add more or less according to your taste.
- For one measure of absinthe (3cl), add 2 to 5 measure of fresh water.
- Produkttyp:WM: Absinthe
- Marke: Paul Devoille
- Bezeichnung:WM: Spirit
- Nettofüllmenge:WM: 70cl
- Alkoholgehalt:WM: 72% vol
- Distillery or Brand : Paul Devoille
- Produkttyp: Absinthe
- Bezeichnung: Spirit
- Ursprungsland: France
- Lebensmittelunternehmer: Paul Devoille, 9 Rue des Moines Haut, 70220 Fougerolles, FR
- Nettofüllmenge: 70cl
- Alkoholgehalt: 72% vol
- Usage Instructions: Mix with water before drinking.
Weight: 1.46 kg
Dimensional Weight: 1.46 kg
Compare with similar items
Paul Devoille, France
1859: The distillery was founded by Xavier Devoille. His son, Paul Devoille, was very dedicated to developing the distillery, and worked hard on its growth. This is why up until this day, the distillery is named after him. Paul Devoille was a very important person in Fougerolles, he held the position of the major for many years.
1986: Due to the bad financial position the distillery was in, Jaques Veillet, the new owner of the distillery, decided to sell it to an experienced business man, who already invested into a couple of other distilleries inside and outside on France. René Miscault bought the distillery, and made some rapid administrational changes. He also expanded their product range, and opened the distillery for visitors to the public. These measures may seem drastic, however, they saved the distillery in the end. Today, Hugues Miscault, the son of René Miscault, runs the distillery.
Paul Devoille's Absinthe:
Their probably most popular absinthes, apart from the Libertines, and the Enigma Verte and Enigma Blanche. Absinthe Soixante-Cinq is a pretty interesting absinthe as well, with a quite spicy smell combined with a fruityness from the wine-alcohol base. Certainly, there are a lot of other spirits produced at Paul Devoille, such as eau-de-vies and liqueurs. From plum to strawberry, you can find nearly all of the common flavours.
Out of stock