Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub - Cocktail Shrub - 44% - 14.6cl
Shrubs were a kind of soft drink back in American colonial times - a syrup made of vinegar infused with fruits and spices which was served mixed with spirits and sparkling water. The idea of drinking vinegar may sound weird, but they make for a great aperitif and have been making something of a comeback since 2011.
The word ‘shrub’ is related to sherbert, coming from Arabic sharab, meaning ‘to drink’.
A cocktail recipe from the New York Distilling Company: The 700 Songs Gimlet
- 45 ml OMG Gin
- 2 ml Lime juice
- 2 ml Sugar Cane Syrup from Combier
- 1 ml Cinnamon Syrup
- 5 drops Bittermens Hellfire Habanero Shrub
Mix everything in a shaker, and strain into a cocktail glass.
Did you know?
- All the Goudoulin's brandies are aged in oak barrels that refine the Armagnac and allow them to fully develop their complex aromas.
- Throughout this period of aging, the alcohol level decreases by means of evaporation, shedding what we call "the angels' share" (read more about it on our FAQs).
- Serve it neat or with a splash of water in an Armagnac glass.
- Drink it slowly and pay attention on the way you are holding the glass, you don't want your body temperature to warm your glass up or it will spill the aromas and will taste like alcohol.
- Product Type:WM: Cocktail Bitters
- Description:WM: Bitter
- Net Quantity:WM: 14.6cl
- Alcohol Content:WM: 44% vol
- Distillery or Brand : Bittermens
- Product Type: Cocktail Bitters
- Description: Bitter
- Responsible Food Company: LMDW, 8-10 Rue Gustave Eiffel, 92110 Clichy, FR
- Net Quantity: 14.6cl
- Alcohol Content: 44% vol
- Usage Instructions: Add a few drops to a cocktail or mixed drink.
Weight: 0.26 kg
Dimensional Weight: 0.35 kg
Compare with similar items
Bittermens Bitters are produced in Louisiana using traditional hand-crafted methods. That means that the mixture of high alcohol-percentage macerate is mixed with carefully chosen plant material to produce the resulting bitters. This raw material carries in most cases a Bio seal of approval, or is simply gathered from the wild. Bittermens Bitters are also not sweetened by any pre-processed ingredients or colored with artificial colorings. Special mention should be given to the pipette-style bottle-top which makes for easy usage. Similar to Bob's Bitters this special bottle-top significantly eases dosage.
Out of stock
Out of stock
Out of stock