Fürst von Pastis 46.3% - SaarWhisky - 50cl
Alternative sizes: Content: 50ml,
Anise, fennel and liquorice (among other herbs) characterise the twice distilled and macerated Fürst von Pastis from the German Region of Saarland. The recipe is based on the plants found in the grave of Prince Wilhlem Heinrich von Nassau-Saarbrücken.
The Fürst von Pastis lives up to its name: Matthias Rosinski, distiller at SaarWhisky, dedicated it to Wilhelm Heinrich Fürst von Saarbrücken Nassau. The German prince and reformer was buried in 1768 with a variety of herbs. This historic burial gift inspired the distiller to create a recipe for a special pastis.
The production of the Fürst von Pastis is as extraordinary as its recipe. The herbs are carefully refined by hand in five steps. The pastis is distilled and macerated twice, in copper Alembic stills, which originate from the Orient and were used in the Middle Ages for perfume production and essence extraction. In this way, the very volatile and fragile aromatic essences of the plants are also transferred into the pastis.
This meticulous production process results in a complex yet soft pastis with subtle notes of anise, fennel, liquorice, laurel, lavender, lemon balm, mint, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme and rose petals.
Also try the brother in the spirit of the princely pastis, the Fürst von Absinth
- Product Type:WM: Pastis & Anis
- Description:WM: Pastis
- Net Quantity:WM: 50cl
- Alcohol Content:WM: 46.3% vol
- Distillery or Brand : Saar Whisky
- Product Type: Pastis & Anis
- Description: Pastis
- Country of Origin: Germany
- Artificial Colours: none
- Net Quantity: 50cl
- Storage: Store in a cool, dry place.
- Alcohol Content: 46.3% vol
- Usage Instructions: Mix with water before drinking.
- Responsible Food Company: SaarWhisky, Beethovenstraße 13, 66111 Saarbrücken, D
- Licorice-Notice: Contains liquorice
Weight: 0.80 kg
Dimensional Weight: 1.20 kg